I made these delightful cupcakes for my sister's birthday and they were too good not to share! They're super quick and easy to make and they always come out so well. This recipe is tried and tested, I can guarantee you will love them.
To make the cupcakes: (Makes 12 cupcakes)
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
½ cup sugar
¾ cup milk
1 ¾ cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1. Cream margarine and sugar together.
2. Add eggs and mix well.
3. Add flour, milk and vanilla essence alternatively.
4. Add baking powder, mix well and spoon into patty pans.
6. Once baked to cool completely. After cooling, use a knife to cut a small circle in the top of the cupcakes and hollow it just over half way down.
For the icing:
1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
5 cups icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3-4 tablespoons milk
1. Whip butter and cocoa together until smooth in a large bowl. Stir in vanilla and powdered sugar. Slowly stream in milk until frosting reaches desired consistency. Scrape sides and whip again until light, fluffy and smooth for 1-2 minutes.
Labels: Cupcakes, Recipes