This year has been remarkable. I'm so blessed to have had such a good year. Here are a few highlights of 2012:
1. Travelling the world
great big chunks
one step at a time. This year I've been so fortunate to have been able to travel to Thailand, Czech Republic, Austria (twice in one year), Hungary, Germany and the Netherlands. I did this in a series of three separate trips. I have sat in many airports, through many sleepless flights, spent many hours planning routes and booking hotels. I experienced so many different cultures, languages, foods and people. I can't wait to find out where 2013 will blow me to.
2. I started this blog this year and it's been wonderful watching it grow. I love waking up in the morning to a bunch of friendly comments from the sweetest readers which encourage me to continue blogging about my insignificant little life. It has also been wonderful to watch other blogs grow alongside mine. I think supporting one another so important in life and I feel so happy to see reader's blogs doing well. Yes, I read your blogs too!
3. I achieved the biggest accomplishment I could ever have wished for in 2012. I completed my LLB degree. That's right, I'm now a lawyer. I love the quote that you can never be overdressed or over-educated. The anxiety, stress, hours and hours (and hours) of studying, the tears, the panic was all worth it in the end. I owe a HUGE thank you to my support system. These people saw me through every step of the way and believe me it wasn't pretty. My friends and family are the pillar of strength that I am able to stand on.
4. International travel has already been mentioned but I live in the most beautiful country in the world, South Africa. I don't have to travel far to have my mind blow by landscape and scenery. This year I've spent time in Cape Town
in all it's glory. I've been on safari
i, a private concession of the Kruger Park. I have hiked through (21km of) Champagne Castle in the Drakensburg. I've sipped wine in Magaliesburg
and bellinis in Umhlanga, Kwa-Zulu Natal. To anyone who has never been to Africa or, more specifically, South Africa, get your passport out and get moving already!!!
5. I watched my little sister grow into a gorgeous young lady. I often talk about my sister (here
) probably because my life would be incomplete without her. Thanks, Jasmine for being so willing to help me plan outfits and for your constant inspiration. You have blossomed this year, inside and out.
6. I've found that I have a love for great tailoring and great collars this year. I predict 2013 will have many more posts on both. I love sophisticated glamour and throwing in a pop of colour so watch this space for more.
7. While I'm slowly expanding my social networking skills, throughout this year I've been exploring these. You can now follow Arum Lilea on GFC, Bloglovin', Chictopia, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and (I'm most excited about this one) Instagram. All the links can be found on the right or with the name Arum Lilea.
Thank you to my wonderful readers for leading me on this interesting path. A blog is nothing without its readers, so without you there would be absolutely no reason to carry on. I wish you all the very best for 2013. May you have a safe New Years celebration surrounded by all those dear to you and may all your wildest dreams for 2013 start unfolding before your eyes.