I don't usually post on a Saturday but today I really wanted to. Time is flying by and lately I've been moved to appreciate every second of life as a gift. Today I want to share just a few things that I feel are actual and metaphorical gifts to me.
1. Warmth: these two gorgeous cashmere scarves were given to me by le bf.
While they are so luxurious, the purpose they fill are that of providing warmth. They are comforting in the way that I know someone else cares about me enough to ensure I'm warm this winter. So many people in our country and through the globe don't have any manner of protection from the cold and this breaks my heart.
2. Travel: I bought this Victoria's Secret iPhone cover while I was in America last year. I have been so fortunate to have done so much travelling early on in my life. I have seen how other people live, what they value, different cultures and customs. Travelling has opened my eyes and I realise how lucky I am to have been to all these places and I can only hope it continues in the future.
3. Scent: I'm so glad I have the ability to smell flowers and baking in the oven. I love it when a scent triggers a memory too.
4. Health: Now this one has a lot of meaning to me at the moment. I haven't written about this before, but today marks a month since I suffered a stroke. Yes, I, at 24, suffered a stroke. I've been at home recovering ever since. I'm happy to report that between hospitals, doctors appointments, many blood tests and even more pills, I'm slowly getting my strength back. The water bottle was also a gift from le bf
and to me it symbolises the good health I'm striving towards. I've decided it will also be my gym bottle when I'm given the go-ahead to gym again.
5. Lunching with friends: I've been missing this tremendously as my friends and family are my life line. They've been visiting me in the hospital and in bed almost daily bringing me all my favourite things and checking that I'm okay but I miss going out for lunch of dinner with them. Sushi on the other hand, my dad's been getting as take away for me to eat in bed. Love you Dad!
6. My blog: So grateful for all of you guys that read my blog. For all you messages, your wishes, your comments and for your love. It's been a gift to come into contact with all of you through this blog. Thank you for reading!!!